Successfully establish a connection to either the wired or wireless (not “guest”) network at Goddard. To print on campus you need to be connected to one of the following networks:
Students must use one of the following networks:
Staff and Faculty must use one of the following networks:
In order to print to the Library Printer, you need to add a new printer to your Mac.
- Open your Mac’s System Preferences
- Click “Print and Scan”
- Click the “+” to add a new printer
- Choose the “IP” tab
- Enter 192.168.2.16 in the IP Address field
- Enter “Goddard Library” as the description (optional)
- Choose “Generic Postscript Printer” under Print Using
- Choose “Duplex Unit” on the next screen. Click Add.
In order to print to the Library Printer, you need to have permission to add a new printer to your Windows account. If you are unsure if you have permission or not, you may try the steps outlined below – if you do not have permission, you will be unable to add the Library Printer to your account.
- Click Start > Printers and Faxes > Add a Printer
- Click “Next”
- Choose “Local printer attached to this computer”. Click “Next”.
- Select “Create a new port” and set “Type of port” to “Standard TCP/IP port”:
- Enter”192.168.2.16″ into “Printer Name or IP Address” field. Note: the “Port Name” field automatically displays and doesn’t need to be changed. Click “Next”:
- Click “Finish”:
- Next, select “Savin” from the “Manufactuers” list and “Savin C3535 PS” from the “Models” list. You may have to click “Windows Update” to get a list of more current drivers.
- Name the printer: Goddard Library Printer. You may want to choose “No” when asked if you want this as your default printer.
- Leave “Do not share this printer” set and click next:|
- Say “no” printing a test page to save paper and click next:
- Click “Finish”. You have successfully installed the printer.
- Click the Windows icon > Devices and Printers
- Choose “Add a printer”
- Choose “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer”:
- Choose “The printer that I want isn’t listed”:
- Choose “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname”:
- Enter “192.168.2.16″ as the “Hostname or IP Address”. Leave “Device type” to “Autodetech”. “Port name” will auto-fill. Leave “Query the printer” checkbox selected.
- Choose “Do not share this printer”:
- You will receive confirmation that you have installed the printer. You can choose to set this as your default printer and choose to print a test page if you wish.